What to Bring to the North Fork Crossing Lodge
Click here for a printable PDF checklist
- Biodegradable soap
- Personal towel/washcloth
- Personal toiletries
- Socks (2 polypro/wool/cotton)
- Light weight shirts
- 2 long sleeved
- 1 short sleeved
- Fleece pullover or sweater
- Warm jacket (mornings can be below 40 degrees)
- One pair thermal wear (2 pair if no fleece pants)
- one pair quick dry
- one pair casual (jeans/chinos)
- one pair fleece for underneath waders
- T-shirts and shorts (quick dry)
- Gloves or convertible mittens (fleece)
- Slip-ons for bathroom visits
- Wading boots or river sandals
- Camp shoes
- Hiking shoes
- Hat (wide brimmed)
- Sunglasses (polarized are best)
- Rain jacket to wear with waders
- Rain pants if not using waders
- Waders & wading belt
- Vest or chest pack
- Fly rod, 8’ or 9’ (4 – 6 weight)
- Reel with floating line
- Fly dressing
- Hemostat & clippers
- Leaders & tippet material
- A smile!
North Fork Crossing can provide any/all fishing equipment, if needed. Please call in advance for sizes and availability.
Montana Fishing License
A Montana Fishing License can be purchased in advance. Go to the Montana FWP Online Licensing. You can also visit The Blackfoot Angler in Ovando (406) 793-FISH or go to any Montana sporting goods store.
North Fork Crossing provides beverages, including beer and wine. We are unable to provide hard liquor.
Please bring your own if you prefer cocktails. Airport shuttle services will make a stop locally for liquor, upon request.
- Book or journal
- Sunscreen & lip protectant